Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Craftsman Cordless Drill Driver, Lithium Ion

I just wanted to give everybody a quick review of a new Craftsman Cordless Screwdriver that I purchased and have been using. It is the 4.0v Lithium Ion Screwdriver, model #315.113980. I must say this has been one of the best little cordless screwdrivers I have ever owned. First of all this driver is about the size of my large hand but has the power to drive construction screws into 2 x 4's. I did this a few times but it seemed to run the battery out sooner as should be expected. This is the perfect driver to take around the house with you and tighten all of those loose hinges, doorknobs, and handles. The lithium ion battery holds a charge forever and charges easily. Here are some of the features this little screwdriver has:

  • Small compact size but the 4.0v Lithium Ion battery packs a big punch.
  • Has 23 torque settings.
  • Offers a two speed gearbox, low speed (200 rpm) and high speed (600 rpm).
  • Gearbox offers power for driver larger screws and the speed to drill holes.
  • Comes with the standard 1/4" hex drive with quick release.
  • I was able to easily find 1/4" hex drive drill bits to make this a very versatile tool  for my shop.
  • I purchased mine screwdriver for $40 which included the charger.

No comments:

Post a Comment