- Block - 010, 020 High Nickel Content, 2 bolt main, cleaned, standard bore and ready to build
- Crank - standard, that was recently ground to .010"-.010" under
- Pistons - New flat tops
- Rods - stock rods
- Heads - 14102191 Swirl Port TBI heads (don't judge, these cost $25.00 in great shape)
- Intake Manifold - Early 70's non-egr cast iron 4 bbl.
- Carburetor - Edelbrock 600cfm vacuum secondary
- Distributor - Factory HEI
- Camshaft - New stock truck cam
Friday, November 25, 2011
I have been planning my budget 350 build for a while and I just finally got the ball rolling when I received my parts back from the machine shop. I decided I would list my budget build and show some prices for everything so far.
I spent the summer doing family things and teaching myself to build computers. This didn't leave me much time to work on my Blazer but in the early fall I was able to drop off my engine internals at the local automotive machine shop. Here is a list of what I had done:
- Clean cylinder heads
- Clean intake manifold
- Clean valve covers
- Grind stock crank to .010" - .010" under.
- Install new flap top 350 pistons on the connecting rods
|350 Head Before Cleaning|
|350 Head after Cleaning|
Sunday, November 20, 2011
I just got some nice 16" aluminum Camaro wheels for my Blazer S10. I really like the look of the wide low profile tire on the S10's. I will need to do a small drop to get the height where I like it but so far these look great. The tires are worth a damn but replacements can be had for about $80 each brand new. I believe these are the mid to late 1990's Camaro wheels.
|1984 S10 Blazer with 1994 Camaro Wheels|
|S10 Blazer with 1994 Camaro Wheels|