Friday, November 25, 2011

My Budget Chevy 350 Build

I have been planning my budget 350 build for a while and I just finally got the ball rolling when I received my parts back from the machine shop. I decided I would list my budget build and show some prices for everything so far.

  • Block - 010, 020 High Nickel Content, 2 bolt main, cleaned, standard bore and ready to build
  • Crank - standard, that was recently ground to .010"-.010" under
  • Pistons - New flat tops
  • Rods - stock rods
  • Heads - 14102191 Swirl Port TBI heads (don't judge, these cost $25.00 in great shape)
  • Intake Manifold - Early 70's non-egr cast iron 4 bbl.
  • Carburetor - Edelbrock 600cfm vacuum secondary
  • Distributor - Factory HEI
  • Camshaft - New stock truck cam
My intent was to rebuild an a 350 engine, not just throw some crap together and hope it runs. My main goal was low price and mild performance and I am sure I will get that with my current build. I have spent a total of $500 so far for all of the above items. My major costs are behind me. I will still need things like gaskets and valve stem seals but so far I believe this is a great price so far.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Nice Post has been shared with lots of good information. thanks for sharing such post here. it would be nice if you can share some information related to auto transport company here in your future posts....Keep Posting such post here in future too.
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete