Sunday, February 10, 2013

Common Terminal Commands for your Raspberry Pi

Here is a quick list of the common terminal commands for the Raspberry Pi (RPi). If no one else uses this list, then I know that I will use it a lot. Here it goes:


  • sudo raspi-config       This command is used to access a frequently visited set up screen for your RPi.
  • sudo nano /boot/config.txt      This command is used to access and edit the boot configuration file of your RPi.
  • sudo reboot      This command is used to reboot your RPi from the terminal window.
  • /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp     This command is used to check your CPU temperature.
  • cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq     This command is used to check your current CPU frequency.
  • vcgencmd get_config arm_freq      This command checks your current CPU frequency setting.
I will add more as I need and use them. I hope this helps.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment